For some of the most challenging and demanding hydraulic applications, STAUFF is providing a comprehensive product range of flat-face hydraulic screw-to-connect couplings in the QRC-FT series as a direct alternative to products from other manufacturers with the Stucchi® VEP profile.
The most commonly used connection types and sizes with female BSP threads from G 3/8" to G 1"1/4 are available from stock for immediate delivery.
Alternative connection types and sizes can also usually be provided at short notice.
- Flat-face screw-to-connect couplings
- Interchange with couplings from other manufacturers with the Stucchi® VEP profile
- Working pressure up to 550 bar
- Nominal flow rate up to 600 l/min
- Male tip can be connected under working pressure (up to 300 bar by hand)
- Nominal sizes from DN 10 to DN 31 (3/8” to 1"1/4)
- Multiple connection types (BSP, NPT, SAE etc.)
- Certified in accordance with API Specification 16 D and EUB Directive 36
- Complete range of accessories such as dust protection caps and plugs as well as seal kits
- Made from carbon steel with superior STAUFF Zinc/Nickel coating as standard
- Sealings made from NBR (Buna-N®) with PTFE (Teflon™) back up
- Design with heavy-duty internal valve components
- Once fully connected, all components are held rigid to significantly reduce the risk of material fatigue
- External o-ring serving as a vibration protection and safety feature indicating complete/correct connection of the male tip and the female body (o-ring must be fully covered by the sleeve of the female body)
Several types and sizes of type QRC-FT couplings from DN 10 to DN 31 have been certified by Lloyd’s Register in accordance with specification 16 D of the American Petroleum Institute (API) and with directive 36 of the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board (EUB), which establish design standards for systems used to control blowout preventers (BOPs) and associated valves that control well pressure during drilling operations.
The specification API 16 D and EUB directive 36 require STAUFF type QRC-FT flat-face hydraulic screw-to-connect couplings to be tested at 700° C fire exposure for at least 5 minutes at specific rating pressure of 345 bar without loss of pressure or leakage. It is often referred to as the “fire safe” rating for hydraulic couplings.
Please do not hesitate to contact STAUFF for complete technical information and support.
Typical OEM applications for STAUFF type QRC-FT flat-face hydraulic screw-to-connect couplings include:
- Heavy-duty demolition machinery and equipment
- Construction and transportation machinery
- Rotary drilling rigs
- Offshore oil and gas platforms
- Blowout preventers (BOPs)
- Snow groomers
- Hydraulic tools and attachments
- Other demanding hydraulic applications
STAUFF is also happy to supply distributors as well as hydraulic maintenance and service providers covering the aftermarket and spare parts business.
STAUFF Online Page-Flip Catalogue
Navigate and search content, forward via email, print, and download in PDF format